ASD Diagnostic Service
Novita’s ASD Diagnostic Service provides comprehensive assessments for ASD in children, teenagers and young adults. The assessments are provided by psychologists and speech pathologists who have undertaken specialised training to determine if somebody lives with ASD.
What does the ASD Diagnostic Service involve?
The diagnostic assessment process takes approximately three to six hours and may consist of:
- Observation of the person. The initial appointment takes up to three hours and is usually undertaken at Novita’s Regency Park Office (171 Days Road)
- Detailed interviews
- Reviewing written information provided by other professionals that know the persons educational setting, e.g. childcare centre, kindergarten, school or work
- Observation in natural settings, such as preschool, school or work
- Review of any reports that you are able to provide from other professionals
- A feedback session outlining the assessment findings. This appointment is usually one hour and is provided at Novita’s Regency Park Office
- A comprehensive written report summarising the assessment process, findings and diagnosis
- Recommendations for intervention, therapy and follow-up.
Novita offers a range of therapy and family support services to support you including Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Physiotherapy, and Social Work.
The ASD Diagnostic Service will be able to link you to these services.
How can I find out more?
For more information or to book your child in for the ASD Diagnostic Service please call 1300 668 482 or enquire now.