Get your child ready to go back to school after the holiday break!
This is a group for kids who have started school but would benefit from a bit of support to really thrive in a school setting.
In this group we will:
- Outline what good listening looks like and practice listening skills
- Practice asking for help from teacher/adult
- Practice what to do if they finish a task early
- Discuss morning routines and make a routine chart to assist them with organisation in the mornings
- Discuss checklists for throughout the day (like what should be in their bag)
- Practice lining up for class and putting up their hand to answer questions
- Practice tidying desk up after an activity and cleaning out their desk-tray
- Discuss and practice good habits (e.g. writing homework into diary)
- Practice getting dressed in their school uniform
- Practice following multi-level instructions and coming up with ideas for how to manage lots of information overload
Come along and get a head start on practising school routines before school starts up again!
Group 1: 4 - 7 years | Group 2: 8 - 12 years
This is a group for kids and young people who already attend school.
Phone: 1300 668 482