Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Diagnostic Service
Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) are developmental disabilities where a child has significant difficulties with communication, social skills and behaviour.
ASD Diagnostic Service
Novita’s ASD Diagnostic Service provides comprehensive assessments for ASD in children, adolescents and young adults. The assessments are provided by psychologists and speech pathologists who have undertaken specialised training to determine if a child has ASD.
What does the ASD Diagnostic Service involve?
The diagnostic assessment process takes approximately three to six hours and may consist of:
- Observation of your child. The initial appointment takes up to three hours and is usually undertaken at Novita’s Regency Park Office (171 Days Road)
- Detailed interview with you or your child/carer/family member
- Reviewing written information provided by other professional that know your child from their educational setting, e.g. childcare centre, kindergarten or school
- Observation in natural settings, such as preschool or school
- Review of any reports that you are able to provide from other professionals
- A feedback session outlining the assessment findings. This appointment is usually one hour and is provided at Novita’s Regency Park Office
- Comprehensive written report summarising the assessment process, findings and diagnosis
- Recommendations for intervention, therapy and follow-up.
Novita offers a range of therapy and family support services to assist you and your child including Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Physiotherapy, and Social Work.
The ASD Diagnostic Service will be able to link you with these services.
How can I find out more?
For more information or to book your child in for the ASD Diagnostic Service please call 1300 NOVITA (1300 668 482) or if it is after hours, request a call back.