The Novita Children’s Service, Regional Service provides therapy, equipment and support to children and their families within Regional South Australia and Broken Hill. Children aged been 0-18 years who are registered with Novita, have a permanent impairment to their physical function and live further than 1 hours drive from the metropolitian area would be eligible for services provided by the Regional Service Team. This page provides information about the type of support provided by these teams.
How are services provided?
Novita designs services for a particular region area in response to the needs of families and the local community. All regional areas vary in relation to:
- the numbers of children registered with Novita, and their families living in the area
- the availability of local therapy services,
- the supports for children and families available in the local community
- the distance of the regional area from Adelaide to access specialist services.
Therefore, Novita services are provided in a variety of ways. Visits to a regional area generally take place up to 4 times per year (once per school term), depending on need, and may involve a day trip in some instances or last for 2 to 3 days in others.
The service provided by the visiting Novita team may involve a combination of:
- Information, resources and support to local therapists
- Direct input to the client, family and community (in the absence of local supports)
- Information and training activities on a range of topics
- Telephone contact between visits
- Provision of selected services in Adelaide (such as specialised equipment provision).
What staff are able to visit?
The visiting Novita team consists of experienced therapists – the team may include a:
- Occupational therapist
- Speech pathologist
Request a Service
If you would like information or free advice, speak to someone in our friendly team on 1300 NOVITA (1300 668 482) or visit our Contact Us page for more ways to get in touch.