Who should attend?:
- Child care educators
- Preschool teachers and support staff
- Junior primary/primary teachers and support staff
- Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) educators
- Allied Health Professionals wanting to learn more about using a PODD in natural environments
- Parents / carers who use a PODD with their child
- Any other communication partners
Benefits of attending:
- Using a PODD for meaningful communication in everyday situations
- Fun, practical ways to use a PODD as a tool for learning and developing communication
- How to be more confident in using a PODD to communicate
Do I have to bring my own PODD communication book?
There will be a wide range of PODD books and several iPads with PODD app available to practise on during the workshop. You can bring your own PODD book or device with PODD app, but make sure the person who uses it has access to a suitable alternative communication method during that time.
We use PODD on our tablet/iPad, not in book form, will this workshop still be relevant?
The main focus of this workshop is for PODD communication books however the ideas learnt can be transferred across to using with a PODD app on tablet or iPad.
Do I need a basic understanding of PODD to get the most out of this workshop?
Yes! You must have attended the introductory 3hr ‘How to use a PODD’ workshop presented by Novita or equivalent training before attending this workshop. Check when our next How to use a PODD workshop is coming up.
Request a workshop:
If you are wanting all your staff trained and/or customised to the needs of your site or to the child with communication support needs, you can request a workshop, on-site at your school or childcare centre.
Phone: 1300 668 482