Who should attend?:
SAM training and certification will be open to participants who have experience working with individuals, who regardless of age or diagnosis, need to use switches to use assistive technologies. Participants can include:
Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Physiotherapists working in:
- Community based paediatric and adult sector rehabilitation settings working with clients requiring switching technologies
- Hospital based paediatric and adult sector acute inpatient and rehabilitation settings working with clients with high level physical disabilities
Educators working in:
- Special education and mainstream settings with students using switching technologies
Researchers working in the field of:
- Disability and Assistive Technologies (Computer Access Technologies, Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) and Environmental Control Systems (ECS)
Benefits of attending:
By successfully completing SAM certification training, participants will gain competency in the understanding of:
- Intended use, clinical rationale and literature in the field
- The SAM’s development process and fundamental psychometric properties
- The SAM manual and form
- Assessment session set up, videoing and administration protocols
- Use of the SAM rating scale criteria and manual guidelines to score 16 switch skill performance skills: 6 motor, 2 visual and 8 process (cognitive) skills from videos of goal-directed activity based sessions
- Use of findings from the SAM to guide goal setting, clinical reasoning, interventions and funding applications
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email email@example.com
What’s the refund policy?
Cancellations advised 4 weeks prior to the course receive full registration fee minus $100.00. Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to the course will not receive a refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Registration information can be updated at any time. This includes transferring tickets to an alternate name.
Is lunch provided?
Yes, we provide morning and afternoon tea, lunch and tea and coffee throughout. Dietary requirements will be requested when you purchase a ticket.
What happens if the Course is fully booked?
You will be added to the waiting list and contacted should we have a cancellation
Request a workshop:
We can offer training for individuals or in groups of up to 20 people.
Request to host a SAM course.
We welcome local and international enquiries to run the SAM course at your organisation.
For further information call on us 1300 668 482 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 1300 668 482