Research Project Selection Committee (RPSC)
All potential projects will be reviewed by the Novita RPSC.
Projects are evaluated against a set of criteria to ensure they align with Novita’s Strategic Directions and the Department’s ISO 9001 Quality Accreditation.
A project idea or plan must demonstrate the opportunity for one or more of the following measurable benefits:
- enhance the lives of Novita clients and families
- provide an innovative and/or effective end product
- provide a significant time or cost saving outcome to staff, clients, or families
- strive to enhance client and family satisfaction with Novita services
- clinical-based ideas should strive to inform evidence-based practice or increase the efficiency of Novita staff.
Meeting dates for 2020:
- 24th February 2020
- 25th May 2020
- 24th August 2020
- 23rd November 2020
Meetings are from 10:00am – 12:00pm. Please submit your project idea or plan, as well as all supporting documents (e.g. information sheet(s), consent form(s), questionnaire(s), interview guide(s), ethical approval notice – if available) at least two weeks prior to the meeting date.
Submissions in between meetings may also be accepted under certain circumstances.
The Chair of the RPSC will notify all applicants of the outcome of their application by email.
All projects involving the participation of Novita clients, families or staff must also have ethical approval from a registered or certified (as appropriate) Human Research Ethics Committee before contact can be made with the participants.
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network HREC provide the ethical review of research projects led by Novita staff and are also able to review other projects involving our clients, families or staff.