Research Project Selection Committee (RPSC)
All potential projects are reviewed by Novita’s Research Project Selection Committee. They are evaluated against a set of criteria to ensure they align with Novita’s Strategic Directions and ISO 9001 Quality Accreditation.
A project idea or proposal must demonstrate the opportunity for one or more of the following measurable benefits:
- enhance the lives of Novita clients and families
- provide an innovative and/or effective end product
- provide a significant time or cost saving outcome for clients, families and Novita staff
- strive to enhance client and family satisfaction with Novita’s services
- clinical-based ideas and proposals should strive to inform evidence-based practice or increase the efficiency of Novita staff.
Proposed 2021 meeting dates for the RPSC are as follows:
- Monday 22 February
- Monday 24 May
- Monday 20 September
- Monday 22 November
Project ideas and proposals should be submitted at least two weeks before a scheduled meeting of the RPSC, including all supporting documents such as information/fact sheets, consent forms, questionnaires, interview guidelines, ethical approval notices, etc. Submissions lodged between meetings may also be accepted under certain circumstances.
Following RPSC meetings, the Chair will notify all applicants by email about the outcome of their application.
All research projects involving the participation of Novita clients, families or staff must have ethical approval from a registered or certified (as appropriate) Human Research Ethics Committee before contact can be made with the proposed participants.
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network HREC provides the ethical review of research projects led by Novita staff, and can also review other projects involving Novita’s clients, families and staff.
For more information about making a research project application, including the application form, contact email@example.com