Babies and young children with down syndrome are likely to grow and develop some skills at a slower rate than others. The rate of learning and development varies from child to child and each individual has their own strengths, challenges, interests and preferences.
They may require support with:
• Associated health challenges
• Learning new concepts and practical day to day living skills
• Developing communication skills and systems
• Developing balance and motor co-ordination
• Navigating the increasingly complex world of social interactions as they develop
Novita’s multi-disciplinary staff members, from the professions of occupational therapy, physiotherapy, psychology, social work and speech pathology, have extensive skills and experience to help children with down syndrome.
• Developmental assessments
• Early intervention
• Equipment prescription
• Family support services
If you would like information or free advice, speak to someone in our friendly team on 1300 NOVITA (1300 668 482) or visit our Contact Us page for more ways to get in touch.