In this time of COVID-19, Novita is increasingly using telehealth to deliver our support services to you in the safety and comfort of your own home via a digital device like a desktop computer, tablet or smart phone. You may already know telehealth by another name such as ‘Online Therapy’ or ‘Telepractice.’
Webex is the video system we use to virtually connect you with a Novita therapist. While Webex is our preferred method to connect with you virtually, we can also use similar online services – depending on your preference.
This software can be accessed on most smart devices with a camera including a desktop computer, laptop, Apple iPad, Windows Surface Pro, and most makes and models of smart phones using iOS or Android softwear.
Through telehealth, we are able to offer you convenient access to almost all of our therapy services including:
- Speech pathology
- Occupational therapy
- Exercise physiology
- Social work
- Support coordination
- Developmental education
If you are interested in receiving your services via telehealth, speak with your therapist, call us on 1300 668 482, email email@example.com, or send us a message via our website.
The benefits of telehealth
Our evidence-based telehealth service has many benefits for kids, teens and adults living with disability including convenience, eliminating travel time, and therapy services can be performed in a safe and familiar environment.
Other benefits of telehealth include:
- No more standing in line or sitting in waiting rooms
- Your therapist will work with you to use the toys, equipment and other items you may have at home in the sessions
- Allows your therapists to see you or your child in the home environment
- No therapist travel costs are charged
- A great option where face-to-face therapy is not available over a sustained period
NDIS funding can be utilised to enable you to access our telehealth service.
Mandy and the team demonstrate just how fun and easy a therapy session via Telehealth can be!
Who can access the telehealth service?
All registered Novita clients are eligible to access telehealth.
For existing clients who are interested in accessing their services via the convenience of telehealth, speak with your primary therapist at your next appointment or contact us on 1300 668 482 and we’ll do our best to transition your supports from face-to-face to digital appointments.
New clients who are not yet registered with us and wish to access support services via telehealth can do so by first registering themselves over the phone on 1300 668 482 or via our online registration page. Once registered, we can arrange your Welcome Consultation and connect you with services via telehealth.
Equipment you will need to access telehealth
To access support services via telehealth, you will need a couple of things:
- an internet connection with an appropriate amount of data
- a smart device such as a desktop computer, laptop, Apple ipad/iPhone or Android smart phone or tablet a private, well-lit area where you will not be disturbed during the video call
- a web-browser like Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox
- a web-camera, speakers and microphone (may be built into laptops or mobile devices)
If anything in the list above is missing, please let us know in advance of your telehealth session so we can provide advice and support you to access the telehealth service.
How to use the telehealth service
Once you’ve registered to receive your support services via telehealth, there are a few simple steps you will need to follow.
Below, we’ve listed the process of how to install the software you will need for telehealth, how to set up your telehealth account, and how to test your connection.
- The software we use for our telehealth service is called Webex Teams
- You can download this free app onto a Windows or Mac device via the Webex Teams website
- Please download ‘Webex Teams’ not Webex Meetings’ which may appear on the website and is used for other purposes
- Once you have downloaded Webex Teams successfully, you will be asked to create an account using an email address
- If you’re unsure how to set up your Webex account, there is a step-by-step tutorial on the Webex website
- Once you have your Webex account set-up and you have successfully logged in, let your therapist know via phone or email them to say you are ready to go
- Your therapist will then organise a time for an initial call to make sure everything is working, and organise your future sessions from there
For a more detailed set of instructions on how to download and install Webex Teams, you can download our step-by-step telehealth guide which includes visual references.
Support accessing telehealth
Not everyone is tech-savy, and not everyone uses the same technology.
For further information and instructions about how to install Webex Teams, make or receive calls, and for general troubleshooting, you can visit the Webex help page.
If you’ve tried everything but still can’t seem to install Webex Teams on your PC or other smart device, we may be able to support you to troubleshoot over the phone or send a therapist out to your home to provide assistance. Call us on 1300 668 482 and we’ll do our best to get you connected.
If you have any questions about or are interested in receiving your services via telehealth, speak with your therapist or call us on 1300 668 482. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your supports via telehealth or send us a message through the form below.