As a proud South Australian charity for more than 75 years, community support for Novita Children’s Services remains vital in helping us ensure that children and young people living with a disability can continue to receive every opportunity to develop their potential.
How you can help?
Do you have some spare time and are looking to support a worthy cause?
If you time and would like to help Novita, why not consider becoming one of our valued volunteers?
We appreciate life is busy, this is why volunteering at Novita can be as little or as much time as you like – we are truly grateful for any time you can give.
Novita is proudly the largest South Australian community-based children’s service organisation, and volunteers are an essential part of who we are. We simply could not do the work we do without the support of our wonderful volunteers. By sharing your time and skills, you will be supporting Novita in giving children the best opportunities in life.
Our volunteers are involved in a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Assisting our Marketing/Fundraising Team with awareness raising activitie
- Administration support
- Volunteering at Novita events
- Working with our auxiliaries
- Volunteering at our Library
Being a volunteer is both rewarding and fun. You will make new friends, learn new skills and use your knowledge and experience for a great cause. Most importantly, each time you donate to Novita it supports us to develop kids’ potential every day.
Please note that due to our significant commitment to university allied health student placement, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate requests for work experience. Volunteer opportunities are sporadic and generally consist of event and administrative support – volunteering is not suitable for gaining experience with clients.
If you would like to know more about volunteering or to receive a volunteer information pack please contact our Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinator Jaylee Cooper on 0403 322 703 or email email@example.com.
Please note that all volunteers must have a National Police Clearance before commencement of volunteering at Novita Children’s Services. If you do not have this clearance Novita will organise this and there will be no out of pocket expenses for volunteers.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Client Services Volunteer- Regency Park Office
The role includes:
- Welcoming families
- Showing families to their session/group
- Assisting with set up and pack up of individual and group sessions.
Group sessions to include cooking, ‘gym’ group –called Novita Fitness and Fit and Fun (teaches basic sport skills such as throwing and kicking a ball, tennis, t -ball etc)
- Clearing/cleaning group spaces ie returning them to their pre group state.
- Assisting AHA and therapist in the group-this might be directing clients, helping clients to do something, fetching items for clients/therapists to use, keeping spaces safe, supervising (not alone) clients.
- Farewelling families, showing them out
- Given the distance from the main reception to the back half of the building a moderate level of fitness or ability to walk this distance several times over the morning will be essential.
We are looking for 4-5 volunteers who are available on Saturday Morning from 8.30am – 1.00pm. Approximate commencement late July.
- This position will work on a rotating roster and you will volunteer approximately every 2-3 weeks.
- Novita will provide all relevant training and checks including a police check and DCSI clearance.
For more information or a copy of the position description please contact us
Central Districts Football Club Charity Match
Central Districts V Port Adelaide – 2.10pm Match
My Money House Oval- Goodman Road, Elizabeth
Saturday July 15th
We are looking for as many volunteers as possible to collect donations at the entry gates before the match commences until the end of the first quarter.
Commencement Time 12.30- 3.00pm ( Approximately)
If you would like to volunteer please contact us