Who should attend?:
This workshop is beneficial for anyone who is a PODD communication book partner, such as (but not limited to):
- Speech Pathologists
- Support workers
Benefits of attending:
You will learn:
- About the development of PODD language organisation
- How to use direct access PODD communication books
- How to select and customise PODD communication books
- How to create an aided language learning environment
- How to evaluate the implementation of any communication tool under the AARCH (Accessibility, Autonomy, Requirements, Competence, Habits) through the use of case studies and hands on practice
Do I have to bring my own PODD communication book?
No, there will be PODD books available for the practice sessions, and there will be a variety of PODD books on display for you to look at during breaks.
We use PODD on our tablet/iPad, not in book form, will this workshop still be relevant?
The main focus of this workshop is for PODD communication books, however the ideas learnt can be transferred across to using with a PODD app on tablet or iPad.
Do I need a basic understanding of PODD to get the most out of this workshop?
No prior knowledge is needed, just a desire to learn more about PODDs!
I already use a PODD with my child or client but want to get better at it – will this workshop still be useful?
Even if you already use a PODD with your child or client, this workshop is a great opportunity to develop a more detailed understanding about PODD language organisation and how to support the implementation of a PODD communication book. This workshop is also a pre-requisite to enable further PODD training to be undertaken (e.g. 1 Day Alternative Access PODD Training).
Request a workshop:
If you would like to request a 1 Day Overview Workshop or 2 Day Introductory PODD workshop at your site, please contact us on the details below for a quote and more information.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 668 482