Who should attend?:
- Child care/Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) educators
- Preschool teachers and support staff
- Junior primary/primary teachers and support staff
- Community service workers
- Respite Workers
Benefits of attending:
- Enhance your understanding of mealtime experiences by working through case studies of children and adolescents with oral eating and drinking difficulties
- Improve your knowledge of the normal swallowing process and swallowing disorders
- Provide strategies for safe practices when supporting children with eating and drinking difficulties
- Clarify components of the Oral Eating & Drinking Care Plans
How often should I do this training?
If you are continuing to support people who require oral eating and drinking support we recommend every 3 years.
Will there be an opportunity to practise the mealtime support?
Yes, a large component of this workshop is practical based. The presenter will take the participants through a practise of all the modifications and techniques taught.
Will this training address my situation specific to the student I am working with?
The workshops held at Novita present information that covers the most commonly used practises for children and adolescents with individual oral eating and drinking needs. If more specific information is required a request for a workshop at your school or centre would be recommended.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue is accessible by public transport (bus). There is on-site parking at Novita’s Regency Park Office.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the refund policy?
There are no refunds provided for this event unless the organiser cancels.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Registration information can be updated at any time.
If I can no longer attend, can I pass my ticket on to a colleague?
Yes! Just email us at email@example.com to let us know the name of the new attendee.
Request a workshop:
You can request a workshop, on-site at your school or childcare centre. This is often beneficial as more staff can be involved and also the training can be customised to the needs of your site and/or the child with oral eating and drinking support needs who attends your school or childcare centre.
General Admission = $220.54
Phone: 1300 668 482