Who should attend?:
- Child care/Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) educators
- Preschool teachers and support staff
- Junior primary/primary teachers and support staff
- Community service workers
- Respite Workers
Benefits of attending:
- Upskill to confidently address worksite risk assessments for health support planning around the transfer and positioning needs of individuals
- Obtain strategies for safe practices when supporting children and adolescents with individual mobility, transfer and positioning support needs
- Provide transfer and positioning support in line with individual care plans
How often should I do this training?
If you are continuing to put these transfers into practise we recommend every 3 years.
Will there be an opportunity to practise the transfers?
Yes, a large component of this workshop is practical based. The presenter will take the participants through a practise of all the transfers taught.
Will this training address my situation specific to the student I am working with?
The workshops held at Novita present information that covers the most commonly used practises for children and adolescents with individual mobility, transfer and positioning support needs. If more specific information is required a request for a workshop at your school or centre would be recommended.
How do I request a Transfer and Positioning Care Plan for a student I work with?
Ring 1300 668 482 to request a physiotherapist to visit your site to assess and develop a Transfer and Positioning Care Plan.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue is accessible by public transport (bus). There is on-site parking at Novita’s Regency Park Office.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the refund policy?
There are no refunds provided for this event unless the organiser cancels.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Registration information can be updated at any time.
If I can no longer attend, can I pass my ticket on to a colleague?
Yes! Just email us at email@example.com to let us know the name of the new attendee.
Request a workshop:
If you are wanting all your staff trained and/or customised to the needs of your site or to the child with transfer and positioning support needs, you can request a workshop, on-site at your school or childcare centre.
General Admission = $139.69
Phone: 1300 668 482