Who should attend?:
- Child care/Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) educators
- Preschool teachers and support staff
- Junior primary/primary teachers and support staff
- Community service workers
- Respite Workers
Benefits of attending:
- Upskill to confidently address worksite risk assessments for health support planning around the transfer and positioning needs of individuals
- Obtain strategies for safe practices when supporting children and adolescents with individual mobility, transfer and positioning support needs
- Provide transfer and positioning support in line with individual care plans
How often should I do this training?
If you are continuing to put these transfers into practise we recommend every 3 years.
Will there be an opportunity to practise the transfers?
Yes, a large component of this workshop is practical based. The presenter will take the participants through a practise of all the transfers taught.
Will this training address my situation specific to the student I am working with?
The workshops held at Novita present information that covers the most commonly used practises for children and adolescents with individual mobility, transfer and positioning support needs. If more specific information is required a request for a workshop at your school or centre would be recommended.
How do I request a Transfer and Positioning Care Plan for a student I work with?
Ring 1300 668 482 to request a physiotherapist to visit your site to assess and develop a Transfer and Positioning Care Plan.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The venue is accessible by public transport (bus) and limited onsite parking.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email email@example.com
What’s the refund policy?
There are no refunds provided for this event unless the organiser cancels.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. Registration information can be updated at any time.
If I can no longer attend, can I pass my ticket on to a colleague?
Yes! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the name of the new attendee.
Request a workshop:
Our next TAPS workshop is on Tuesday 23 January 2024, from 12:15pm – 2:45pm.
Secure your spot now via Eventbrite.
You can request a workshop, on-site at your school or childcare centre. This is often beneficial as more staff can be involved and also the training can be customised to the needs of your site and/or the child with transfer and positioning support needs who attends your school or childcare centre.
Phone: 1300 668 482