On Thursday 23 March Novita hosted a fundraising information session with Channel 7 presenter, and Novita Ambassador, Rosanna Mangiarelli.
The session was for people wanting to take part in Novita’s Trek for Kids Great Wall Challenge 2017, which involves up to 20 trekkers heading to China to explore the Great Wall while raising money for Novita kids and teens living with disability.
During the session, everyone got the chance to meet other trekkers, ask questions about the trek, and share successful fundraising stories.
Rosanna also shared some of her top fundraising ideas, including casual and dress-up days, movie nights, garage sales, barbecues and morning teas, raffles and market stalls.
Here are Rosanna’s top tips for fundraising:
- Never lose sight of why you’re fundraising
- Share your ideas with other fundraisers and work together to achieve your goals
- Don’t be afraid to ask people for donations but don’t be disappointed if you get knocked back
- Aim to raise $4.00 for every dollar you spend on your fundraising efforts
- Say thanks to the people who have given time and money to support your fundraising
- Keep your donors updated on your progress via social media
- Always follow up with emails or phone calls at the end of your fundraising to let people know what you achieved.
Want to volunteer or fundraise for Novita kids and teens? Contact Jaylee Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous article« Doing it together